Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"I am not as Unintelligent as You Think"

I find this coincidence concerning my hypothesis quite humorous, thinking that my theory was merely a perspective, I had discovered the "Human Potential Movement". I find the description to be relieving since my written hypothesis has compelling similarities.

"The Human Potential Movement (HPM) arose out of the social and intellectual milieu of the 1960s and formed around the concept of cultivating extraordinary potential that its advocates believed to lie largely untapped in all people. The movement took as its premise the belief that through the development of "human potential", humans can experience an exceptional quality of life filled with happiness, creativity, and fulfillment. As a corollary, those who begin to unleash this assumed potential often find themselves directing their actions within society towards assisting others to release their potential. Adherents believe that the net effect of individuals cultivating their potential will bring about positive social change at large."

The only differences between my hypothesis and this movement is that I included human will and adaptation, including and regarding variables, unforeseen and obvious.

I thank my parents for my near-perfect genetics. I had thought that the arts were my strong point (instrumental music, composing music, philosophy), but I realize, during my USAF career, those are just trades in which I had adapted, with influence of will and potential, and now I am a Journeyman in the F-16 Avionics specialty. I still have much to learn, since Avionics is a specialty in which time is required in order to learn and adapt.

I mentioned near-perfect genes. I have a natural metabolism that I am trying to maintain in order to keep it, I have no allergies, and my greatest talent is a symbiosis of potential, will, and adaptation. My genes are sufficient for many roles, though I highly doubt their usefulness for all roles.

This opinion is unsupported, but I believe society has hinted that it (collectively) wants people to be a master of a single trade, though it (collectively) would prefer a jack-of-all-trades, or better yet, a master-of-trades. I might be wrong, since social and environmental variables do not necessarily point to a specific intent of society.

Why did I name this article as such? A direct or indirect coworker may be reading my notes as result of boredom, or out of spite, whatever the reason. I have heard my voice on recording in the past, and I will admit, regardless of whether I  utilize proper grammar or complex vocabulary, or not, I sound quite "slow". When I am being silent and observant, I am judged as being "slow". When I mentally process a different solution for a job, stop dead in my tracks, and change direction, I am judged as being "slow". I am not insulting my coworkers. Everyone acts upon their perspective of social normality. Society is compassionate brutality.

If you actually took the time to read my note, leave a comment. I have this pet peeve: When others think I am unintelligent, and I have to attempt to prove that I am the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment